For more information e-mail Jonette Dalfonzo at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply to be a Thespian officer for next year, please see this packet. All applications are due by April 12 at the end of the day.
See Mrs. Dalfonzo or Mr. Yowell with questions.
Whether you are an active member, a joining member or a future potential member you need to enter this year’s points.
If You Have Never Filled It Out: Instructions for Filling Out your ITS Form:
- Go to this link and MAKE A COPY of the form. Save your new copy as your first name_last initial_grad year. Example: Matthew_R_2020
- I have created an example for you that can be viewed here: Student_Example_2018
- Fill in the top section with your name, address, email, etc. Leave Induction Year and the fields below that empty.
If you have already started a sheet, please use your existing sheet and add this year’s points on.
Everyone: Use the information below to fill in your points for this year.
- Using the Thespian Induction Points System enter your theatre activities and points to your best estimate.
- Use this sheet to figure out how many points you get for this year’s productions.
- If you have shop call hours, use this sheet to see how many hours you logged.
- If you are unsure on the number of points you received for a specific action please see Mr. Yowell or Mrs. Dalfonzo.
- See Notes below regarding points for some activities
- If you are struggling to understand the form itself please refer to this YouTube video tutorial.
- Share your completed form with both Mr. Yowell AND Mrs. Dalfonzo at YowellA@friscoisd.org and DalfonzJ@friscoisd.org
- All points will be verified by the directors. Some points values may change based on director discretion.
A Couple of Notes:
- If are currently inducted into ITS you can earn points for productions you have seen outside of school. You may earn a maximum of .25 points per full-length production. Remember that one point is the equivalent of 10 hours so you are getting 1 point for every four productions you see, assuming an average production length of 2.5 hours per show. Beginning next year a program will be required for all audience shows submitted.
- If you are submitting points for work done outside of Wakeland Theatre, such as performing in a production for an outside company, you need to provide documentation of your involvement in the show. A performance program will be sufficient.
- You get .5 points for each Saturday or Friday night (non-regular rehearsal time) shop call you attended for the entire time. Otherwise you get one point per 10 hours you were at shop calls total. If you do not sign in at shop calls then you do not get points.
- You do NOT get points for rehearsals
- You do NOT get points for any class performances – public performances for an actual audience only.
All Thespian Points must be entered by April 2. No changes or additions will be permitted after that time unless an event arises that you are asked to participate in such as Academic Awards, Legacy Line show, etc.
Thank you to all who auditioned to be a part of one act. This was a very tough decision (and the most fun audition process we have had to date!)
WE WILL HAVE OUR FIRST COMPANY MEETING FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11 AT 5:00PM VIA ZOOM. Mrs. Dalfonzo will e-mail the Zoom link to you on Friday.
Below is the company of our 2021 UIL one act play.
|Edith Stein||Hanna B.|
|Frau Stein||Emma D|
|Hannah Reinach||Ella S|
|Dr. Saul Weismann||Dylan B.|
|Sister Prudence||Katherine B.|
|Sister Ruth||Sofia M|
|Stage Manager||Hayley D.|
|Edith Stein||Emma D|
|Frau Stein||Katherine B|
|Hannah Reinach||Sofia M.|
|Dr. Saul Weismann||Timothy R.|
|Sister Prudence||Kate W.|
|Sister Ruth||Kate W.|
Below are the callbacks for UIL. Please be prepared to read the parts listed by your name below. A link with the sides will be sent to your school e-mail. The names of the people reading particular scenes are on each set of sides.
Callbacks will be Wednesday, Dec. 9 from 4:30 -6:30 in the black box.
Emma D– Frau Stein, Edith
Ella S– Prioress, Hannah
Garrett B – Karl, Franzy
Dylan B – Dr. Weismann
Hanna B – Edith, Frau Stein, Prioress
Jon S – Karl
Riley C – Hannah
Katherine B – Edith, Frau Stein, Prioress
Sofia M – Hannah
Piper M – Hannah, Prioress, Edith
Kate W- Hannah
Timothy R – Dr. Weismann
Trey M – Dr. Weismann, Franzy
The cast and crew application for the 2021 UIL show is available now at www.wakelandtheatre.com/uilapplication.
Actors, your initial audition will be contrasting monologues equaling not more than two minutes in length. You will submit them via video no later than 11:59pm on Dec. 6. Callbacks will be posted by Dec. 8 and the actual callback will be December 9th after school.
Crew, you are to fill out the application before December 6 at 11:59pm.
The company will be announced December 10th with a full company meeting after school on December 11th.
Break a leg all!
Thank you to all who applied to be a part of this show. It was a very tough decision!!! We have a terrific cast and crew put together and we forward to working with each of you.
We will have our first rehearsal on Zoom on Monday, Oct. 5 at 5:00pm. This should give you all time to get home for the Zoom. We will go over all information at that time. You will be added to a Google share drive which is where you will find materials and the Zoom rehearsal link. The drive will not be up until Monday.
The first music rehearsal will be Tuesday in the auditorium. We will go over the schedule with you on Monday.
Below is the presentation from tonight’s meeting. If you wish to view the full recording of the Zoom meeting, you can view the video here.
The audition materials can be found at www.wakelandtheatre.com/anastasiaauditions .
The dance materials are not quite ready yet. The folder will be updated Wednesday morning.