Thank you to all who applied to be a part of this show. It was a very tough decision!!! We have a terrific cast and crew put together and we forward to working with each of you.
We will have our first rehearsal on Zoom on Monday, Oct. 5 at 5:00pm. This should give you all time to get home for the Zoom. We will go over all information at that time. You will be added to a Google share drive which is where you will find materials and the Zoom rehearsal link. The drive will not be up until Monday.
The first music rehearsal will be Tuesday in the auditorium. We will go over the schedule with you on Monday.
Below is the presentation from tonight’s meeting. If you wish to view the full recording of the Zoom meeting, you can view the video here.
The audition materials can be found at www.wakelandtheatre.com/anastasiaauditions .
The dance materials are not quite ready yet. The folder will be updated Wednesday morning.
It is once again time to join the Wakeland High School Boosters! We are kicking off our our annual membership drive today, so please click on this link to access our google form to sign up and pay your dues via our PayPal account. You can also paste the following address into your browser: https://forms.gle/q8R8bt8jFV8JKZgW9.
We are also kicking off our most important fundraiser of the year — our Write-a-Check program! The devastating impact of COVID-19 has made it absolutely essential that we get creative in raising funds to support our theatre department. Many of our usual sources of booster funds are not going to be available to us this year. Therefore, our Write-a-Check campaign is more important than ever! Here is a link to a second google form for Write-a-Check with a link to our PayPal account so that you can either pay by PayPal or write a traditional check and mail it to our treasurer: Robin De La Paz . If you need to do this, please contact Mrs. Dalfonzo at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get you the address.. Again, this is going to be our main fundraiser of the year, so please share the link with family and friends who you think might be interested in donating. We would really appreciate it! We do this all for the kids and their love for the Theatre Arts! 100% of your donation goes directly to our theatre booster club. And, best of all, you and your child will not be asked to sell anything! Here is the address for the Write-a-Check form if you would prefer to cut and paste into your browser: https://forms.gle/adPpqh8gEoYQs8vG6.
While we are hoping each family will be able to contribute, we ask that you are as generous as your budget allows.
Levels of sponsorship (with recognition in theatre programs) are as follows:
Executive Producer: $200+
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support in enriching your child’s theatre experience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Amy Brookshire, Boosters Board President (email@example.com).
Next year Wakeland Theatre will have a freshman Intermediate Theatre class for the very first time. We are super excited about this new class for our incoming Wolverine Thespians!
Our first-ever Intermediate Theatre students are…
Welcome, you guys! We can’t wait to get started!
If you wish to be considered for a position as an International Thespian Society Officer for the 2019-2020 school year, please download the packet at the link below. Pay very close attention to all of the instructions in the packet as there are several requirements to be taken care of well in advance of the deadline.
All completed applications should be submitted to Mrs. Dalfonzo and Mr. Yowell before the end of the day on April 10. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please go to www.wakelandtheatre.com/itsofficerapplication to download your packet.
Do you want to be a part of the theatre honor society? Have you been involved in our productions this year? You might have earned enough points. Whether you are already inducted or if you have earned points, keep reading.
It’s time to enter your points for this school year! Whether you are an active member, a joining member or a future potential member you need to enter this year’s points. You will not be able to enter past points in future years.
This year we have a new points tracking sheet that calculates your total so that I don’t have to (math and I aren’t friends). If you are a current Junior or Senior with a pre-existing points sheet you will continue to use your original points sheet, which should be in your Google Drive account. If you are a current Sophomore or Freshman, or a Junior or Senior without a current points sheet you will use the new form. I have created an example for you that can be viewed here: Student_Example_2019
Instructions for Filling Out your ITS Form:
- Go to this link and MAKE A COPY of the form. Save your new copy as your first name_last initial_grad year. Example: Casey_S_2019
- If you already have a form, as stated above, follow the below steps to update your current form. Do NOT delete the verified line that was entered by Mrs. Leffel,Mrs. Howe, or Mrs. Dalfonzo for previous years.
- Fill in the top section with your name, address, email, etc. Leave Induction Year and the fields below that empty.
- Using the 2019-20 WHS Points for Performance Activities and the Thespian Induction Points System enter your theatre activities and points to your best estimate.
- Those with a prior sheet you may put the top line as “Points from original sheet” and then enter the total number of points from last year in the “Points Received” section
- If you are unsure on the number of points you received for a specific action please contact Mr. Yowell or Mrs. Dalfonzo.
- See Notes below regarding points for some activities
- If you are struggling to understand the form itself please refer to this YouTube video tutorial.
- Share your completed form with both Mr. Yowell AND Mrs. Dalfonzo at firstname.lastname@example.org and DalfonzJ@friscoisd.org
- All points will be verified by the directors. Some points values may change based on director discretion.
A Couple of Notes:
- If are currently inducted into ITS you can earn points for productions you have seen outside of school. You may earn a maximum of .25 points per full-length production. Remember that one point is the equivalent of 10 hours so you are getting 1 point for every four productions you see, assuming an average production length of 2.5 hours per show. A program is required for all audience shows submitted.
- If you are submitting points for work done outside of Wakeland Theatre, such as performing in a production for an outside company, you need to provide documentation of your involvement in the show. A performance program will be sufficient.
- You get .5 points for each Saturday or Friday night (non-regular rehearsal time) shop call you attended for the entire time. Otherwise you get one point per 10 hours you were at shop calls total. If you do not sign in at shop calls then you do not get points.
- You do NOT get points for rehearsals
- You do NOT get points for any class performances – public performances for an actual audience only.
All Thespian Points must be entered by Friday, April 10th. No changes or additions will be permitted after that time unless an event arises that you are asked to participate in such as Academic Awards, Wespy’s, etc.